Spring is here and that only means that we are closer to summer. "Realistically" people want to stay fit all year round'. For some it's a reality and for others, it's not.
With that being said, I'd like to give you a few tips to improve your fitness health right before summer.
I'd also love for you to join my free upcoming jump rope challenge.
But first… the 8 fitness tips:
1.Take a day off from exercising once in a while- You cannot overexert yourself. All goals take time. By not resting you are putting your body at risk of getting hurt. When you go too long without a break your muscles and joints are overused leaving you vulnerable to injury.
2. Listen to your body- Don’t keep going when something feels off or you’re in pain. There is a difference between pushing yourself to go a little further and derailing your progress. Ex. If your number is 16 pushups in a set and you get to 15 and you just don’t want to do the 16th just because... but you end up doing it, that’s pushing yourself. If you get to your 13th pushup and you feel a pop but decide to keep going, then you are a derailer!
3. Eat a varied diet- Broccoli and chicken breast not your thing? Switch it up! Basically, find what works for you based on your body goals, culture and YOUR taste buds not what society dictates. Vary your diet in a way which you can keep up with. Doing anything else is a recipe for failure because you won’t want to do it and will eventually stop. You want something that is sustainable.
4. Stretch More- During exercise, your muscles get shorter. Before you work out, warm up. After you exercise, stretch. Stretching will support joint range of motion and help to lower any risk of injuring yourself. If that wasn’t impressive enough – stretching increases flexibility and allows fresh blood flow to your muscles. Heck when I am 90 I still want to be able to touch my toes!
5. Stay hydrated- water and or- electrolytes. When you exercise, you lose minerals. You want to replace them. It’s also a way to cleanse your body. Most importantly your body is composed of approximately 60% water (this can vary with babies having the highest percent of water composition). It is important that we replenish our water to keep our bodies at their peak performance.
6. Exercise with people- You have decided to meet up with a friend to work out, how likely are you to cancel? Less likely than if you had made a date with yourself to workout! Take this time to (1) socialize, making the workout go by so much faster and (2) provides motivation to your friend and them for you. You can attend group workouts and meet someone new and push yourself to do exercises that you wouldn’t normally do because you have a support system.
7. Don’t be too competitive- only compete against your last performance. STAY IN YOUR LANE! Don’t try to do something that you know you can’t do just to impress others. Or prove that you can do more than others. You can aspire to be like other people just don’t treat it like a competition.
8. Most importantly HAVE FUN! - Your health and fitness will improve while you’re having fun. If you have fun, you’ll most likely stick with it. Of course you have to challenge yourself sometimes, based on your goals but it doesn’t have to become a mundane chore! Remember to take time out to enjoy what you are doing!
Here are the details for the upcoming challenge which will be held on instagram. Follow us HERE
Join our FREE 5 day jump rope challenge.
This challenge is for ordinary people that want to find a new and fun way to incorporate jump rope into your finess regimen. You do not have to know how to jump. You will learn. Just put forth your best effort.
To be eligible for prizes:
➡️ Follow @MakeItFunNyc- on instagram
➡️ Follow @qfrance- on instagram
➡️ When posting your vids, use hashtags #MakeItFunNyc #PushingWeight#JumpRopeChallenge
➡️ Share this blog post on your social media profile
➡️ Your best effort counts .
Prizes (1 prize per person 4 people)
➡️ Make It Fun Freestyle Rope
➡️ Pushing Weight Apparel
➡️ Free entry to NYC jump 2 burn 4/6/19
➡️Join email list for additional tutorials www.makeitfunnyc.com/in
➡️Stay informed about Make It Fun Nyc / Pushing Weight events
➡️ Catch up with previous challenges
➡️ Be informed of upcoming challenges future challenges
➡️ Give Aways
I'm excited, are you?
Ps. Don't forget to share this blog post with a friend
Here is a video from last challenge:
Till Next Time
Be sure to leave your comments bolow :)
Check out our Make It Fun Freestyle Jump rope.
Are you in NYC and want to check out our Jump 2 Burn jump rope class?
Check out some of my favorite fitness, and healthy lifestyle products that I use, and highly recommend below (affiliate links):
Weighted Jump ropes: bit.ly/jumpropemif
Pre-workout pill: bit.ly/gobernadette
Body works ball: www.bodyworksball.com Code: Jump
Go 2 Socks (compression socks): www.go2socks.com
Detox Tea: bit.ly/tlcmif
Get samples of the Detox Tea bit.ly/healthymif
Waist trainer in a bottle: https://www.modere.com/8547601
Essential Oils: http://www.MyYL.com/bhenry
My Amazon Store: http://www.amazon.com/shop/makeitfunnyc
Cash Back Travel : http://www.CashBackTravelBiz.com/bernapril20