10 Reasons That You Should Jump Rope
10 minutes of jump rope is equivalent to a 30-minute jog on the treadmill at 6.5 mph. You do not have to jump straight for the whole 10 minutes but there are techniques that you can do to increase the intensity of your workout. Try switching up your footwork, traveling forwards, backwards and side to side.
Did you know that jump rope is one of the most underrated exercises? I mean until recently it was always associated with recess or Rocky! I have news for you! Not only does it have physical benefits but mental and emotional benefits. Not to mention it is not as easy as it looks and it requires you to use your whole body giving you great upper and lower fitness gains!
Here are 10 reasons why you should jump rope (Then click on the photo to get our 30 day guide)
1. Cardiovascular Conditioning- Simply put: Jump rope is the best conditioning tool. Your breathing capacity will increase dramatically if you add this to your arsenal.
2. Weight Loss- Jump rope is hard work and a full body workout. If you jump rope for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week plus monitor what you eat, you may lose some pounds.
3. Speed- Once you master jump rope coordination, you can turn the rope as fast or as slow as you want.
4. Stronger Bones- Jumping rope, when done properly will increase bone strength.
5. Coordination- With jump rope you're using your whole body however you are using different parts of your body at the same time.
6. Athletic Activities- Jump rope helps to improve your timing, reflexes, balance and coordination. This is why most athletes jump rope.
7. Injury Prevention- Jump rope can be safer on the knees than running and jogging. It has also been used as a rehabilitative exercise.
8. Tones Your Whole Body- Jump rope can assist in toning the your arms, legs, shoulders, abs. You can also use a weighted rope for added benefits and burn more calories.
9. Cheap Tool- Jump ropes are inexpensive. You can get one as cheap as $5.00.
10. Brain Activity- Jump rope helps to develop the left and right hemispheres of the brain. It also helps with mental alertness.
Did you find this information informative but don't know how to jump rope? Check out our comprehensive JUMP ROPE for BEGINNERS video.